28 December 2009

Eve of 2010 Party

We are organising a New Year's Eve get together with a few old friends. They are basically my old school mates (known these guys since 1980), their wives/partners and kids. I love getting my friends together - these range from night outs, weekend outings, to Ramadan Iftars. Each time we had a gathering, my moment is when I take a step back  from the crowd and just watch everybody talking  and having fun. It is a great feeling to provide a platform for people to enjoy themselves.


This time it will be a barbecue. I hope the weather will co-operate. It had been raining in Kuala Lumpur these few days. My wife and I will provide all the grilled meats/seafood and drinks, and the rest of them have each been tasked to bring one side dish or dessert. It will be simple and done without caterers.

These parties used to be just us guys, then us guys with girlfriends. Then girlfriends turned into wives, and later babies, toddlers and teenaged kids came into the picture. The nature of the parties has also changed throughout the times. The "just guys" parties were... lets just say wild . Nowadays, as all my friends one by one 'found peace', the only "wild" is the wild salmon cooking on the grill. (I know the incorrigible few who are still living it up but that will be another story. Ha, ha, ha.) Whatever it is,  I still have a blast each time we have a party.



If you have six months to live, a New Year's Eve party with friends is definitely something you should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment